I love LeRoy, and have dedicated much of my life to the well being of our business community, and I am confident that you will love it too. If there is any way that my colleagues and I at the LeRoy Business Council can assist you, please contact us.
Bob Bennett, President of the LeRoy Business Council Sales Manager, Tompkins Bank of Castile
There are so many great reasons to invest yourself and your business right here. Here are just a few:
- Transportation: LeRoy is conveniently located near the intersection of I 90 and I 490, giving great access to markets, clientèle, and suppliers in Rochester, Batavia, Buffalo, and other markets all along the New York Thruway!
- Education: LeRoy's school district consistently places in the top 1/3 of all Western NY schools in terms of academic programs, and offers a full range of excellent options for your children in arts, music, sports, and skill training.
- Community: LeRoy has the work force, public services, and community support that provide a healthy atmosphere for you to let your creative business dreams flow.
- Home: This picturesque community is an attractive place for your professional and working families to settle and call "home."
The mission of the LeRoy Business Council is to promote and represent the common interests of the businesses, professionals, and industries in the Village and Town of LeRoy.
The LBC exists to promote high standards of conduct in the transaction of business; to promote education among its members; to produce information and programs designed to enhance professional development of its membership and generally promote and encourage understanding, cooperation, and good relations among its members and with the public.
Membership in the LeRoy Business Council is open to any individual, business, industry, non-profit, or organization doing business in the LeRoy area. Annual membership dues are fifty dollars.
***For further information regarding the LBC, contact one of the officers.
Projects & Educational Events the LBC have promoted include:
- Publish the bi-annual Community Business Directory
- Sponsor LeRoy page in the Genesee Travel Guide
- Sponsor the billboard on NYS Thruway advertising attractions in LeRoy
- Forum on factors inhibiting business growth in LeRoy
- Educational forum on I-490 / Rte 19 Development Area
- Guest speakers discussing various topics of local business district at many monthly meetings
- Public Forum on the DOT resurfacing of Main Street
- Public Forum on I-490 Interchange plans
- Public Forum on LeRoy's Ambulance service
- Public Forum on Economic Growth Factors
- "Meet the Candidates Nights" for local elections
Charitable causes supported by the LBC include:
- Sponsor annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Sponsor Fishing Derby at the Oatka Festival
- Sponsor community Halloween and Santa Claus Parades
- “Light the Night” Fireworks on New Years Eve